Cooper – Job ID 113072 – Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
Do you have hands-on Coopering skills and techniques? If so then consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, where you will interpret the role and significance of Coopering within the context of Fort William Historical Park’s living history, education, events and exhibits program.
Please note: Fort William Historical Park is a 7-day a week, 24-hour operation. Position may be required to attend overnight functions, travel to out of town events and off-hour programs, work holidays and weekends.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Develop and implement period Coopering interpretive, education and event programming using living history techniques and applications
• Serve as a resource in the implementation of living history Cooper activities
• Participate in historical dramatizations, pageants, festivals, special events, daily activities, education and outreach programs
• Demonstrate the skills of the Cooper to make or repair casks, pails, buckets or barrels used to hold flour, gunpowder, or other commodities, stored liquids or shipping containers
• Serve as a maintenance resource to all aspects of Heritage Trades Operations
Location: Thunder Bay
Closing date: November 27, 2017.