This project was executed over five years and included comprehensive rehabilitation of the masonry on all facades, replacement of all wood-framed windows (1115 units), rebuilding of the entire north tower and rehabilitation of all ornaments on the south tower (copper roofing on turrets) and on the Peel Street entrance, including woodwork, doors, cast-iron frames and bronze hardware.
Since the building is an officially classified historical building, all interventions on its exterior envelope were subjected to a stringent examination and approval process by the Ministère de la culture et des communications du Québec (MCCQ) and the Conseil du patrimoine de la Ville de Montréal.
Windsor Station is a former railway terminus and head office of the railway company. The imposing U-shaped building is built in the Romanesque Revival style. The original building was constructed between 1887 and 1889, with wings added in 1900, and from 1909 to 1914. The rhythm of the facades is defined by wide-arched arcades topped by hanging dormers with prominent gables and polygonal turrets.