Ernest Cormier Building
Ernest-Cormier Building, located at 100 Notre-Dame East in Montreal, was built between 1922 and 1926 according to the plans of Charles J. Saxe and Ernest Cormier. Situated in the heart of the administrative center of Old Montreal, this monumental granite building and limestone was first designed as an annex to the Old Courthouse from Montreal. Since its rehabilitation in 2002-2005, the building houses the Quebec Court of Appeal and SQI offices. The building is protected under the Heritage Act Cultural Heritage Center as a Classified Heritage Building since 2014. The building is the name of Ernest Cormier since the 1980s.
At the request of the Société Québécoise des Infrastructures (SQI), EVOQ designed and directed the Masonry Restoration Program for facades of the Ernest-Cormier Building; including cornices, parapets, window sills and limestone entablings of facades principal and severely deteriorated portions of the walls brick courtyards. Everything has been done respecting the principle minimal intervention to restore the monumental appearance and improve the structural stability of this heritage heritage building.