Elgin County Courthouse (within the St. Thomas Consolidated Courthouse Project)
The renewed Elgin County Courthouse is a large justice facility that was built in 1853 and expanded in 1899. A comprehensive conservation project was undertaken by the Province of Ontario to address new justice requirements while retaining the splendour and dignity of the historic building.
The jury noted the scope of the project and the complex task of addressing so many heritage issues, so diligently, in a single project.
Julia Gersovitz (Architect, B.Sc. McGill; B. Arch. McGill, M.Sc. Historic Preservation Columbia, OAQ, OAA, FIRAC/FRAIC, FAPTI)
Giovanni (John) Diodati (Architect, B.Sc. McGill; B. Arch McGill, OAQ, OAA, IRAC/RAIC, FAPTI)
Jill D. Taylor (OAA)
Eric P. Jokinen (B.Sc., P.Eng., CAHP)
Philip V. Hoad (BA., CAHP)