All CAHP Professional Members have met the following criteria:
- A post graduate degree and 3 years of relevant heritage work experience.
- An undergraduate degree and 5 years of relevant heritage work experience.
The degree(s) will be in a field allied to the planning, preservation, wise use and better understanding of heritage resources such as:
- Archival Science;
- Conservation or Preservation;
- Fine Arts;
- Landscape Architecture;
- Museum Studies;
- Social Sciences;
- A demonstrated experience in heritage conservation gained through 7 years of employment and currently employed in that field
- Must have read and are in agreement with the CAHP Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics.
Membership Specializations Include:
- Archaeologists, Anthropologists & Ethnologists
- Building Specialists
- Craft & Trade Specialists
- Cultural Tourism & Marketing Specialists
- Environmental Assessment Specialists
- Landscape Specialists
- Museum Specialists
- Photographers, Illustrators, Recorders
- Public Sector Representatives
- Heritage Policy
- Other Specialists